Amazing facts about Apple Inc.
1. Apple was founded on April 1st, 1976 by Steven Paul Jobs, Steven Gary Wozniak and Ronald Gerald Wayne.
2. Steve jobs sold his Volkswagen and Steve Wozniak sold his Hewlett-Packard scientific calculator to raise the capital for their new company.
Also read: Evolution of iOS on SpinFold
3. Apple was called Apple Computer , Inc. for the first 30 years. Later it was changed to Apple Inc. on January 9, 2007. The word computer is removed to reflect its expanding electronic market.
4. The price of original 4k Apple 1 at $666.66 was set by Steve Jobs, doubling the cost of manufacturing.
5. Apple 1, Apple’s first computer did not include monitor, keyboard or case and it was an assembled circuit board.
6. Apple pushed past Microsoft as the most valuable technology company in the world, in 2010. which has a value of $222.12 billion at that time.
7. Apple surpassed Exxon as the most valuable company in the world in August 2011.
8. In July 2011, Apple had an operating cash balance of $76.4 billion. Which is greater than the reserves of U.S.Treasury which is $73.7 billion.
9. Apple’s first logo was a single apple with a bite, partly to prevent it looking like cherry with colored stripes. Steve Jobs replaced the rainbow color of the apple logo with white in 1997.
10. In 2009 Apple generated $625 for every iPhone they sold, which has a count of 40 million phones.
11. Samsung manufactured Retina Display for Apple Ipad’s.
12. Don’t smoke near your Apple computers, it will void the warranty.
13. 80,000+ employees are working for Apple around the world.
14. US$ 125,000 a year is the average employee salary at Apple HQ.
15. 340,000 iPhones per day. Apple sold these many phones in 2012.
16. US$ 300,000 per minute. This is the earning of Apple.
17. $800 this is the amount for which Apple’s co-founder sold all his shares, today they value is US$ 35 billion.
18. Siri sends everything to Apple, that you say to it which is analyzed and stored.
19. Apple’s iPhone has higher sales than everything that is sold by Microsoft.
20. Steve jobs is a Buddhist.
21. Jef Raskin an Apple employee was responsible for naming the machine after his favorite variety of apple.
22. A secret Easter Egg was present in first iPod. Which is a game that can be accessed if you knew the correct combination of buttons to press. The path is go to about menu, hold the center button for 3 seconds and see the magic.
23. Do you use ‘slide-to-unlock’ feature. Apple has patent for it and it sued Samsung for infringing on its patent.
24. Apple’s top 9 executives make more money than 95,000 Apple factory workers in China as the executives received $441 million.
25. In Brazil Apple cannot market its iPhone as another company owns the rights for the name in 2000. Gradiente, the Brazil company released its iPhone in 2007, which runs on Andriod OS.
26. Apple don’t trust freshers, it keeps them on fake projects and put through a rigorous testing period. In this way it evaluates their trustworthiness.
27. “Dulcimer” is the code name for iPod.
28. The average Mac owner spends only 5 hours for troubleshooting, which far less than 50 hours for regular pcs.
29. Steve Jobs gave free iPhone to every Apple employee.
30. Apple.com is in the top 50 websites and in top 30 in US.
31. Apple ships all its products by air. Cathay Pacific’s biggest freight customer is Apple.
32. Bill Gates invested $150 million in Apple in 1997 to save Apple from bankruptcy.
33. Montana, North Dakota, West Virginia, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming are the six states which do not have Apple stores.
Also find the evolution of iOS here on SpinFold.
Explore Apple world here.