Also read: Evolution of twitter on SpinFold
Statistical facts about Twitter usage
1. There are 241 million monthly active users for Twitter.
2. Per day 500 million Tweets are sent per day.
3. Most of the active users for Twitter are from mobile, which is 76%.
4. 23% of accounts are from U.S. Rest 77% are from rest of the world.
5. More than 35 languages are supported by Twitter.
6. The time that took to get the billionth tweet is 3 years, 2 months and 1 day.
7. 307 is the number, that the average user Tweets.
8. 36 million is the number of unique visitors to Twitter.
9. 184 million are the mobile monthly active users.
10. 1 in 13 Tweets contains a Curse word.
11. 9% is the share of overall selfies that are shared on social media.
12. 12 is the average number of tweets posted by the top 100 global brands.
13. 54% of top 100 global brands send less than one reply per day.
14. 75% of recruiters have 100 Twitter followers or lesser.
15. 72% of Twitter followers of a brand that are likely to purchase the product from that brand.
Statistical facts about Twitter company
16. They are more than 2700 employees all around the world.
17. Most of the employees are engineers, which is 50%.
18. Twitter was incorporated on April 19, 2007.
19. 1440 hard boiled eggs are consumed at Twitter HQ weekly.
20. 585 gallons of coffee per week are consumed at Twitter HQ.
Amazing facts about Twitter
21. Twitter was originally named as “Twttr”. Later it was changed.
22. Twitter can handle 1.6 billion search queries per day.
23. The most retweeted Tweet was Ellen’s Oscars selfie.
24. At present the time taken to send a billion Tweets is only 48 hrs.
25. Twitter is used by 32% of all internet users.
26. Katy perry(@katyperry) was the most followed person on Twitter. she was followed by Justin Bieber, Barack Obama, Lady Gaga, YouTube, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Instagram, and Justin Timberlake.
27. (#) The hashtag feature was proposed by a user. It appeared on August 2007 for the first time.
28. 90% of top 50 US law firms have a Twitter profile.
29. 80% of world leaders use Twitter.
30. Barack Obama is the Top world leader on Twitter.
31. When you Tweet with a image, the increase in engagement will be 5 times, when compared to text.
32. 40% of Twitter users don’t tweet. They read news, click links and follow accounts.
33. 100,000+ Twitter applications are present.
34. Most of traffic comes from third-party applications.
35. When Michael Jackson died, 456 tweets per second(TPS) are sent, a record at that time. On June 25, 2009.
36. On January 22, 2010, the first unassisted off-Earth Twitter message was posted by NASA astronaut T.J.Creamer from International Space Station
37. 10 people are employed by McDonalds to run their Twitter account.
38. Twitter is ranked as 11th by Alexa.
Historical facts about Twitter
39. Twitter was founded on March 21, 2006.
40. The first Tweet was sent by Jack Dorsey in San Francisco.Twitter prototype was first used as an internal service for Odeo employees.
Source : www.twitter.com
Also read: Evolution of twitter.