Before going into details of amazing facts about kiss, have a look at Evolution of Kiss which discusses the possible earliest theory related to first records of kissing. Well kiss is something that could not be described in words.Kiss is the balsam extracted from aromatic trees; amber warmed by the hand of a girl and also the balm of love, seal of love and more.
Kiss plays very important role in relationships and it is not a means to burn calories.It has the power to make or break relationships.It would also allow you to assess your partner.Kissing also helps people to live longer.So guys,Kiss more and live more.I have to quote these things as these are also facts,Isn’t it??
Now lets have a look at amazing facts about kiss.
- 66 percent of people keep their eyes closed while kissing.I think it’s the passion and love for the partner that is making them close their eyes.I don’t know what’s the case with the people who don’t close their eyes.(Write your opinion in the comments section)
- Sensitivity of the lips is 100 times higher than that of the fingers.May be this might be the reason behind it being so arousing and stimulating desire between the partners.
- A sweet and romantic kiss would help you burn about 2-3 calories and if you continue kissing longer it would help you burning more than 5 calories.This doesn’t mean that you can slim down by kissing.
- I don’t know whether those beauty creams would help you preventing the development of wrinkles or not.But kissing would for sure help you in preventing wrinkles as it puts in 29 facial muscles in motion.People who kiss daily would live for 5 more years than the normal life time.
- A passionate kiss for 90 seconds which you see in the climax scenes of movies would reduce life time by one minute as it elevates the blood pressure and also increase the level of hormones.
- According to anthropologists 90 percent of people kiss and we all know why.If someone reading this does not know why,stop reading articles and kiss someone.
- This article would be meaningless if I do not talk about French kiss.It is the kiss which is called the merging of souls, it involves all 34 muscles in the face and term “French kiss” came into the English language around 1923.
Lets move onto some crazy facts about kiss now.
- A couple in London locked lips for 31 hours, 30 minutes, and 30 seconds, making it the longest kiss ever recorded.They are crazy is what I could say.
- The earliest written records of kissing date back to 1000 or 2000 BC in India.Ancient Vedas of Indian history have described about kissing for the first time.Of course, it was something more akin to sniffing, and involved running one’s nose over another person’s face, from cheek to nose and nose to cheek. Kama Sutra (The Kama Sutra is an ancient Indian Hindu text widely considered to be the standard work on human sexual behavior in Sanskrit literature written by Vatsayana.) has got many records describing erotic kissing.
- Insulting slang “kiss my ass” dates back to 1705.
- Two-third of the people tip their head to the right when they kiss.Who would notice this while kissing instead of enjoying it?
- Kissing is also good for teeth.It increases the flow of saliva which disperses plaque.
- Scientists could not figure out whether kiss is an acquired and learnt behavior or an instinctual or intuitive one.To know how kiss has evolved read this article on evolution of kiss. “Evolution of Kiss”
- The film with the most number of kisses is Don Juan (1926) in which John Barrymore and Mary Astor share 127 kisses.
- The film with the longest kiss is Andy Warhol’s (1963) film Kiss.
- Our mouths are houses for bacteria.When people kiss each other they exchange approximately 10 million to 1 billion bacteria.
- What is the study or science of kissing called? It is called as philematology.
Write in the comments section if you know any more facts about kiss or your own experiences.