- Using both the hands with equal ease.
- Characterized by duplicity.Marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another.
Synonyms: two-handed, double-dealing.
Quotations: Yogi Berra – When discussing Mickey Mantle being a switch-hitter: “Boy, I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Martina Navratilova – I came to live in a country I love; some people label me a defector. I have loved men and women in my life; I’ve been labeled ”the bisexual defector” in print. Want to know another secret? I’m even ambidextrous. I don’t like labels. Just call me Martina.
Jim Colborn – Actually, we want them all to throw 100 mph on the first day. We want to teach them how to throw from both sides, too. I think that would help the team, a bunch of ambidextrous pitchers.
Matthew Beesley – Jes Staley has clearly been hired as an ambidextrous CEO.
J. B. Smoove – I am the comedy version of ambidextrous. I’m working with my left and right hand. I’m the two-sided coin. I’m all of those metaphors you can think of. I’m the interracial couple.
- I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
- Not only is he ambidextrous, but he can throw with either hand.
- He’s ambidextrous. He probably could play right-handed if he had to. He could play second base right-handed.
- She was an ambidextrous surgeon.
- I’m ambidextrous, I slap ass with both hands.
- For the theory-practice iteration to work, the scientist must be, as it were, mentally ambidextrous; fascinated equally on the one hand by possible meanings, theories, and tentative models to be induced from data and the practical reality of the real world, and on the other with the factual implications deducible from tentative theories, models and hypotheses.
- The real secret to my success was I could shoot with either hand. Ironically, I became ambidextrous as a direct result of breaking my right hand.
- President James Garfield could write in Latin with one hand while writing in Greek with the other. I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
- In the office, Michael sat behind our father’s desk, clicking away at the computer with his right hand, and making notes with his left. Ambidextrous freak.
- It’s the side-by-side culture of the Talmud I like so much. ‘On the one hand’ and ‘on the other hand’ is frustrating for people seeking absolute faith, but for me it gives religion an ambidextrous quality that suits my temperament.