Facts about human body:
1. Do you know that your nose has amazing capabilities? It can remember 50,000 different scents!!!
2. Every hour we shed about 600,000 particles of skin.
3. You will be astonished to see that an adult human being is made up of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms.
4. Do you know that human baby has more bones than an adult? They have 60 more bones than an adult!!
5. You will be surprised to know that in an adult human body there are 100,000 miles long blood vessels.
6. An average person produces a lot of saliva in a lifetime, enough to fill two swimming pools, which is about 25,000 quarts.
7. Do you know that with iron in your body you can make a metal nail which would be 3 inches long!!
8. We all have tiny mites.
9. The masseter (jaw muscle) is the strongest muscle in the human body.
10. It is unknown to most of us that sweat itself is odorless and it’s the bacteria that mingles with it and produces body odor.
11. If you have excessive body hair, then you are very likely to be intellectual as having excessive body hair is linked to higher intellect.
12. It is interesting to know that nose and ears never stop growing.
13. Everyone has a unique tongue print, similar to fingerprints!!!
14. Your brain has amazing capabilities, it can produce enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
15. Human bones are very strong and are stronger than steel.
16. Have you ever observed that people with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
17. The human eye has amazing capabilities, it can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
18. We spend 10% of our waking hours with our eyes blinking and closed.
19. Do you know that if the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
20. 4 pounds, this is the weight of the bacteria in our body.
21. The human body produces mucus, it produces about a litre of mucus per day.
22. It is sad to say that there are more than 100 types of cancers.
23. You will be surprised to know that your heartbeat is affected by the music you listen to, it changes and mimics the music you listen to.
24. Your brain uses most of oxygen and blood than any part in your body, it uses 20% of the total blood and oxygen in your blood.
25. Do you know that your bones are mostly composed of water and calcium of which water constitutes of 31%.
26. In your mouth there’s more bacteria than there are people in the world.
27. Your heart has amazing capabilities, it creates enough energy to drive a truck for 32 km.
28. The DNA in all the cells in your body would stretch 10 billion miles, if uncoiled, from here to Pluto and back.
29. Do you clean dust underneath your bed? Most of it is actually your own dead skin.
30. Have you ever touched your left elbow or right elbow with your left hand or right hand, if not try it…
31. You will be shocked to know this, the enzymes that once helped in digestion of your food begin to eat you within three days of your death!!
32. For how much time do you sleep daily? If you sleep less than 7 hours each night you are in grave danger as studies show that sleeping less than 7 hours reduces your life expectancy.
33. Your brain has good long term memory, it can hold as many as 1 million billion (1 quadrillion) separate bits of information in a lifetime.
34. Do you know Gastrointestinal tract? It is a 30-foot tube running from your mouth to your anus.
35. Your heart will pump blood enough to fill 200 train tank cars which is nearly 1.5 million barrels during your lifetime.
36. You will be surprised to know that your heart can keep beating even if it is separated from the body as it has its own electrical impulse.
37. Your brain has amazing capabilities, it keeps developing until your late 40’s.
38. Our nasal passages and lungs have cilia which are exquisitely tiny hairs that can taste bitter flavors.
39. You will use up to 200 muscles when you take one step!!
40. Nerve impulse travel as fast as 170 miles per hour to and from the brain which is a super-speedy movement.
41. Do you know that your brain is more active at night than during the day.
42. Your brain consists mostly water and blood of which blood constitutes 80% of the brain, so if you are dehydrated brain is the first thing that is affected.
44. Your mouth can bring the food to suitable temperature by cooling or warming it.
45. Similar to your finger prints and tongue prints, toe-prints are also unique.
46. Do you know that there is a similarity between human body and a banana? You will be surprised to know that 505 of human DNA is same as in banana.
47. Try to sneeze with your eyes open? You can’t do it!
48. femur (thighbone) is the strongest bone in your body, but it’s hollow.
49. Do you know that Enamel is hardest substance in the human body.
50. You get a new stomach lining every three to four days, if it doesn’t happen- the strong acids in your stomach would digest your stomach.
51. Do you know that our body generates heat? In 30 minutes your body gives off enough heat to bring a half gallon of water to boil.
52. You will be amazed to know that 60 seconds is the time taken by a single human blood cell to make a complete circuit of the body.
53. Your kidney does a great work for you, it contains 1 million individual filters and can filter 1.3 litres of blood per minute on an average.
54. Do you know that when you sleep, you grow by about 8 mm and shrink back to your former weight the next day.
55. Skin is the largest body part in the body, in an adult man it covers about 20 square feet.
56. It takes six months for each finger and toe nail to grow from base to tip.
57. Have you ever tried to swallow and breathe at the same time? Even if you try it, you can’t!! As humans are the only mammals who can’t do this.
58. To recover from a sunburn, it can take 4-15 months for your blood vessels.
59. Do you know that your eyes remain the same size after birth.
60. Your feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat.
61. Do you know that there are more than 600 individual skeletal muscles in the human body.
62. If you count the hair present on your head it will be around 100,000 hairs.
63. The diameter of each hair on the head shrinks, as a person ages. It can be as fine as a baby’s by the age of 70 and is thickest in the early 20’s.
64. Gigantism or dwarfism are due to the pituitary gland malfunctions, it can boost or reduce the amount of growth hormone in a growing child’s body.
65. On the surface of the tongue, in the throat, and on the roof of the mouth there are about 9,000 taste buds.
66. You can’t tickle yourself!!